Spicy Veggie Soup
One of the most frequently asked questions I get from mamas on-the-go is how to make meals that are healthy, quick and easy but also taste good! My spicy veggie soup fits that bill! It takes only about an hour from start to finish and it’s good for the entire week. The veggies can be interchanged with whatever you have to use up in the fridge during the week. Optional: I add in sausage or shredded chicken for extra protein.
My husband I often eat it for a quick lunch on the go.
1 tbs of olive oil
3 cloves, chopped garlic
2 carrots diced
1 onion diced
2 celery stalks, diced (Trader Joes has a great pre-chopped blend that is my go to)
Veggies (can choose 3 from multiple options) My favorites include:
10 small potatoes or yams, diced
Canned tomatoes, 14.5 oz can
Low sodium veggie broth, 14.5 oz can
Salt and pepper
Cayenne pepper (optional)
- Use a big pot or dutch oven.
- Pour a tablespoon of oil and saute onions, garlic, celery, and carrots right in the pot. (5 minutes until onions are soft)
- Add broccoli or other veggies and stir
- Add tomatoes, stir
- Add low sodium chicken broth, stir
- Heat it until boils
- Bring back to simmer and let it cook for 30-40 minutes